• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Place images showing up blank when saving as pdf from Illustatrator 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered a new issue that I have never experienced before and I cant seem to correct.. hoping someone here has a solution as its urgent..

for the last 2 days, anytime I output an illustrator file into pdf -- my placed images (with alpha masks) show up as just white shapes in my PDF messing up all my hard work.. I have tried various different settings, I have even installed new updates hoping it was a bug that would be corrected.. I quit and restarted,... Im still having this issue and I really really need to correct it as i need to send these files out asap.. 

Does anyone have advice..?? pretty please

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Import and export , Performance , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Oohh my goodness - I think I finally fixed it.. 

I unistalled illustrator completely from my system - and cleared the preference.. I reinstalled the 2020 version, 

i am also noticing some of pdf settings are no longer behaving as they did -- ie/ compatibility settings, and some of the general option.. save to say now that Ive finally got it sorted and my images are showing up- thank gosh!!!

Thank you for your help anyways 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which PDF version do you use?

What application do you use to view the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Mac (cataline 10.15.7) .. Adobe Illustrator 2021, I have just updated -it was producing same error in Illustrator 2020; I am using Adobe DC 20.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To view the teh PDF's I also use adobe, buit its also shows the file is messed up (white shapes insyead of my placed images) when i view in preview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Viewing in Acrobat should give a reliable impression.

What Preset / Standard / Acrobat Compatibility version do you use when  saving the PDF?

What kind of images? Does the transparency come from the file or do you create Opacity masks in Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried a variety of presets - custom ones i have used for years but i am getting the same reults on standard presets as well - High quality Print for example.. 

The alpha masks are created in photo shop -  they are tiff files -- to transparancy is done in file.. these images also have illustrator drop shadow effect 

im not sure why its a problem suddenly 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oohh my goodness - I think I finally fixed it.. 

I unistalled illustrator completely from my system - and cleared the preference.. I reinstalled the 2020 version, 

i am also noticing some of pdf settings are no longer behaving as they did -- ie/ compatibility settings, and some of the general option.. save to say now that Ive finally got it sorted and my images are showing up- thank gosh!!!

Thank you for your help anyways 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear you found the solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines