Highlighted

Problem saving vector graphic to Library

Nov 26, 2019

Copy to clipboard

Copied

When I try to save a vector graphic to a library in Illustrator (v24.0), I get a message that says "Saving to a legacy format may cause some changes to your text layout and disable some editing features when the document is read back in. Do you want to continue?". Is this normal? Because when I then take that graphic from the library and put it into a new ai file, it isn't showing as a normal vector graphic.

Topics

Bug, Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem saving vector graphic to Library

Nov 26, 2019

Copy to clipboard

Copied

When I try to save a vector graphic to a library in Illustrator (v24.0), I get a message that says "Saving to a legacy format may cause some changes to your text layout and disable some editing features when the document is read back in. Do you want to continue?". Is this normal? Because when I then take that graphic from the library and put it into a new ai file, it isn't showing as a normal vector graphic.

Topics

Bug, Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Can you give some more details?

The library is that a CC library?

The document with the graphic is that an older document?

What exactly is not normal with the graphic? Can you show something?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2019

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Yep, CC library. Not an older graphic. So it converts the graphic into some format that is still vector, but isn't editable the way the way it normally should be. It has the placement box surrounding it with the crossed lines over top of it when I try to pull it out of the library and use it on another file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2019

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Hi. As the message says, the files can have changes or variations when you save in an older version. That changes depend of the document content.

------------------------------------ Marlon Ceballos - ACP/ACE

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2019

Copy to clipboard

Copied

The graphic is not from an older version of illustrator. But just in case, I created a new file that definitely was 2020 and tried to drag the graphic into a library from there and still got the same "legacy" message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2019

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I just saw the same message when dragging objects to a library.

Dragging them from the library into another document seems to work normal, but the message looks like a bug.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2019

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2019

Copy to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the problem stopped appearing.

I can in 24.0.1 drag to a library without getting the message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines