Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rectangle appears on artboard

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I strange rectangle appeared on my artboard and I cannot delete it in any way. It almost seems like some sort of guide or something similar.

Capture.PNG

I even tried re-booting the program up.

Thank you all in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

It looks like a small artboard in your artboard.

Yes, select the Artboard tool and see if it gets a label, like this:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please always include in your query the version of Illustrator and the operating system you are using.

Also, consider including screenshots to help us understand better your question and send you the correct answer quicker.

In this case, can you include a screenshot of the layers panel?

Can you confirm if this is happening with new files or an existing one?

What colours are set for your margins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for replying. I'm running the current version of illustrator on Windows 10. This problem is only happening on this particular artboard and nowhere else.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a small artboard in your artboard.

Yes, select the Artboard tool and see if it gets a label, like this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a small artboard in your artboard. Try viewing your artboards and see if you can delete there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like this happened two years ago but here I am, looking for the answer as well. I'm uploading the image of these phantom rectangles and I'm telling you guys, these are not other artboards (checked with the artboard tool). Maybe TORM3NTO had the same problem, so I'm uploading it here, in hopes that someone might figure it out. I'm using Illustrator CC 2015.

The first time I saw this thing was after I was done with my work and saved it to a pdf file. The rectangles do not appear in the pdf or any exports. They don't dissapear when I turn off all layears and hide the grid and the guides. They can't be selected either. Copied the file for my own use and figured out, that the copy had the same issue. No rectangles appear in new artboards.

In fact, it doesn't bother my work at all, it's just annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines