• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize PNG or Jpg

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI New to illustrator.  Looking for some assistance in resizing a file.  See the attached screen shot.  I am trying to upload a logo file to a T-shirt company but this is the error message I am recieving.  Can anyone tell me how to resize so I can upload my logo?Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 10.34.33 AM.png

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

standardstrength,

As I read it, you will have to upload a (specific kind of) raster image, presumably/hopefully a TIFF or PNG (and not a JPEG), at that specific size.

I believe the safest way is to create the artwork at the final pixel x pixel size and use a corresponding Artboard, then either use the Legacity Save for Web (where you can look in the Image Size window for size confirmation) or Export at 72PPI. In either case, use the relevant optimization (available with both ways); it is als

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

standardstrength,

As I read it, you will have to upload a (specific kind of) raster image, presumably/hopefully a TIFF or PNG (and not a JPEG), at that specific size.

I believe the safest way is to create the artwork at the final pixel x pixel size and use a corresponding Artboard, then either use the Legacity Save for Web (where you can look in the Image Size window for size confirmation) or Export at 72PPI. In either case, use the relevant optimization (available with both ways); it is also convenient to have 72PPI in the Effect>Document Raster Effect Settings.

If you have pure vector artwork, you can relax a bit and have the artwork/Artboard at any size (the Artboard must have the same proportions as the final image), then use the Legacity Save for Web and set either Width or Height in the Image Size and Apply (make sure the other value is also correct).

The Legacy Save for Web may be an old carthorse, but it knows its way home, even if the driver is drunk and sleeping it off in the hay in the back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines