• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing Image to fit inside itself

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to reproduce a vector image of Image A. The cross color layers are Yellow, Green, black, and white as the top layer.

I have reproduced the cross OK. But now I want to do the color layers and each cross must fit into the layer beneath. How can you resize the cross to fit into the other cross? As you can see with image B, just resizing doesn't work. Does each cross have to be created separately from scratch in a different size?

Using Illustrator cs5 Windows 10

saints template3nnna.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

There are several ways to do this, but if you'd like to start with the yellow shape you already have, you can go to Object menu > Path > Offset path and enter a negative value in the Offset field, then repeat for the new path and so on. You can recolor each path as you go or when you've completed all of them.

tromboniator_0-1603250327089.png

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are several ways to do this, but if you'd like to start with the yellow shape you already have, you can go to Object menu > Path > Offset path and enter a negative value in the Offset field, then repeat for the new path and so on. You can recolor each path as you go or when you've completed all of them.

tromboniator_0-1603250327089.png

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines