Highlighted

Rotate option missing from Selection tool when multiple objects are selected

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I updated Illustrator 2020 5 days ago and suddenly my rotate/transform options are not showing up when I have a group of items selected. The selection tool is working as normal when only one item is selected. I have my bounding box visible and I haven't changed any settings from essential. 

Please help - this is really urgent for my work! 

Thanks 

TOPICS
Bug, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Rotate option missing from Selection tool when multiple objects are selected

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I updated Illustrator 2020 5 days ago and suddenly my rotate/transform options are not showing up when I have a group of items selected. The selection tool is working as normal when only one item is selected. I have my bounding box visible and I haven't changed any settings from essential. 

Please help - this is really urgent for my work! 

Thanks 

TOPICS
Bug, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 24, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you restart Illustrator, your computer?

Did you try to reset your Preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset preferences to no avail - I uninstalled and re-installed and it seems to have re-appeared. Hopefully it doesn’t disappear again! Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you rotate the group of items when you press R and use the Rotate tool instead of the Selection tool?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi .. i also have this problem .. the bounding box on creates a blue line on whole of artboard .. yes to R rotate tool working 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
Resources