• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotated Text Seamless Pattern

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read few tutorials on how to make seamless patterns but I can't figure out how to do it with this repeating text.  I would like to have it rotated.  I'm trying to make this to use for an engraving.

Original offset text.

Original.JPG

what I would like it to look like

Rotated.JPG

Illustrator File

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Try this

1. Create your text just one instance

2. In the Patern panel options choose brick by row, Brick offset 1/2, then adjust the width number  till you have the distance you want from the H letter and the text, when done hit Esc, your pattern is ready on the swatches pallete

3. Now  draw a rectanle any size you want and aplly your pattern, double clik on the Rotate tool and select any angle you want but be sure to unchek Transform object, this only rotates the pattern leaving the object alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That will get difficult/close to impossible.

Some angles might work, but most won't. There is special software available that will do this for endless prints such as wrapping paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this

1. Create your text just one instance

2. In the Patern panel options choose brick by row, Brick offset 1/2, then adjust the width number  till you have the distance you want from the H letter and the text, when done hit Esc, your pattern is ready on the swatches pallete

3. Now  draw a rectanle any size you want and aplly your pattern, double clik on the Rotate tool and select any angle you want but be sure to unchek Transform object, this only rotates the pattern leaving the object alone.

4. You can do the same with the scale tool and others as well

5. Making it enless repating on a cilinder would may be difficult...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works kinda, but i think since my words are different at each end they don't line up. when repeated But this does give me some other ways to play with it.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that works now I just need to figure out how to make the left and right side match as the were cut there.  Need it for a cylindrical engraving.  I assume it will be a matter of scaling.  I'm trying to avoid a noticeable seam.  Love this technique thanks a bunch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have to expand the pattern fill and do some more adjustments. Don't know for sure as the exact requirements are unknown.

By the way, I saw that there is a slight misalignment at the "personal" part. That should be corrected in order to get a good result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll look into that.  I'm trying to create a seamless pattern for engraving a tumbler.  If I know circumference then I know exactly how wide to make the graphic I just have to someone make sure the seams line up when wrapped around cup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ask your mill. For fabric printing, engraved cylinders (this is called Rotary Printing) are 25.25" standard. Your mill will know the exact size repeat you should be making. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines