• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving artwork and then posting it on instagram

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help with exporting artwork from illustrator to Instagram ... So I make the artboard 1080 x 1080 pixels.  I go to Export > Export as > Jpeg (clicked use artboards) > Jpeg options (see image).

I post it on Instagram and it's just all pixelated. I see some accounts out there that their images are amazing. I understand that Instagram stills lower the quality after posting but does anyone have any recommendations. Am I doing something wrong?

Capture.PNGUntitled-6-01.jpgPhoto Feb 25, 09 40 08.png

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the compression artifacts? Do they appear in the JPEG if you view it on your computer before uploading to Instagram? If so, Instagram is compressing the image further and there is nothing you can do about it.

Otherwise, you are also zoomed in quite a way in that 2nd screenshot. Will Instagram viewers see it that far zoomed in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's a little blurry when I download it in 72ppi. But, when I export it as a jpeg with a 300ppi it comes out crystal clear. then I upload that 300ppi image to Instagram and it's horrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Instagram ask for a 1080 x 1080 px image? If so, export 72 PPI. Only the pixel dimensions matter, not the PPI.

When assessing whether an image is 'blurry' view it at 100% size -- don't zoom in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Social media sites often re-compress posted artwork down to lower quality levels. You might try exporting the graphics in PNG format to see if that might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to always export as a PNG. But I've done some research online and it says that you should export as a JPEG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does it work better when you upload a PNG to Instagram? Then upload PNG.

You see: Instagram will do what they want with your image and what exactly they do might change whenever they want and there's little you or anyone else can do about it or know about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines