• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving as SVG with cropped to artboard

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, got another problem with saving my artwork.

I want to save an image as svg for web. Now, I have tried saving for web, which cropped everything to artboard, but there is no svg available. Furthermore, exporting as svg does not crop anything. Eraser is not working as I have used brush for paiting. I also tried cropping using pathfinder. I got weird result because of paintbrush, so that didn't work either.

Any ideas about this ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Make a clipping mask (Object > Clipping Mask > Make)  the same size as the artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a clipping mask (Object > Clipping Mask > Make)  the same size as the artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that didn't work for me at first try. Maybe because my layers weren't merged. I had to flatten everything and use clipping mask afterwards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear you got it working.

But you should not have to flatten or merge layers.

When you select everything then thetopmost object will be your clipping mask and all clipped objects will move to the layer with the clipping mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work that way. The top most rectangle did crop paths, but not paintbrush. Not until merged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cropping is not hte right word, clipping is.

I do not understand what is not working, a clipping path clips everything that is selected below, including paintbrush paths.

Maybe you can share a problem example file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no need for example file. I did the job by flattening layers before clipping. Altough on another try a while ago, clipping mask did what you said. I might have been doing something wrong, but illustrator was doing some weird things back then. Thanks to your first response I managed to get it done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines