Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling for isometric design

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

It is my first time doing isometric design and I have been following a LinkedIn Learning tutorial 

When I came to scale my shape to make the side of the box, I have found that my settings or something might be off because it doesn't scale right, I have also tried this with the grid and it does the same thing!

Can anyone help me fix it, please!

Also any tips on how I would create isometric road blocks and cones would be hugely appreaciated 

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 6.38.35 PM.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that screenshot you have scaled the object to 0% horizontally, resulting in zero width. I think you intended to put the 43.301 in the 'horizontal' field rather than the 'uniform' field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that I actually added the wrong screenshot. This is what I meant. The top screenshot is my Illustrator and the bottom is the screenshot I'm following

The Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 8.30.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-16 at 8.30.44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured it out! I went Object- Scale rather than the scale tool and that worked for some reason 

Thanks though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They're the same dialog. I get the same result in both. Not sure what you might be doing differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines