• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select and drag in Ilustrator 2020....

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select and drag an object in Illustrator I'm not seeing the guides at the edges of the objects (see video below). So if I'm alt dragging to duplicate an object on top of another I can't see the edge of the object I'm currently clicked on. Very annoying! Is this a new feature in 2020? How can I get back the old way of seeing the edges of the objects? There doesn't seem to be anything that works in Prefs. 

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

In the Illustrator Preferences > Performance there is an option called Real-Time Drawing and Editing.

You can turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the follow:

Look under the View menu and choose "Show Edges" and also "Show Bounding Box."

Hope this help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're both already switched on 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Illustrator Preferences > Performance there is an option called Real-Time Drawing and Editing.

You can turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! I literally just when 'woo hoo!' That definitely fixed my problem! Thank you so much. You've just made my day 1000 times easier! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are also Smart Guides that you may want on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case you want to enjoy real-time drawing and just need a toggle, you could keep the preference option turned on and just temporarily switch to CPU preview (View menu).

There is already a default shortcut to do that (Cmd-E, at least in my non-English version of Illustrator).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines