Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting up Illustrator - the basics

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm brand new to Illustrator, following an introductory tutorial as a complete beginner.  The program and page is proving really tricky to set up as the application bar is obscuring the slection tool on the left hand side. Also the above tools are surrounding google web pages rather than set up as a separate window. 

It's really frustrating as I can't get past this to learn anything without a basic page set up. 

Any suggestions? Really need some help here.

Thanks 

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please provide screenshots ("insert photo", not "link")?

tromboniator_0-1603078355531.png

Your description seems not to be a behavior I've seen before, and I'm struggling to imagine it.

Thanks,
Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As Peter suggested, it would be really helpful if you could show a small screenshot from your machine.

"Also the above tools are surrounding google web pages rather than set up as a separate window. " In case you working are on mac machine, please try turning on Application from Windows menu (Window > Application frame).

Application frame MAC.png

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines