• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

spirograph/guilloche effect in text

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I'm trying to make a spirograph/guilloche effect in a O letter, like in the image below.  What I'm trying to obtain is to keep the little curly rounded edges of the lines - like in the star shaped spirographs - with lines that follow the width and roundness of the letter margins. If anyone has any tip, please share, thank you 🙂

Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 17.42.43.png

I followed a tutorial: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-recreate-this-spirograph-in-illustrator/m-p/110569...  and the effect is like in the grey image below..

Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 18.03.48.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this (sorry in french):

Capture d’écran 2020-05-18 à 19.21.52.pngCapture d’écran 2020-05-18 à 19.21.57.png

Then press OK and then duplicate teh action with Command (mac) /crtl (PC)+D as much as you need…Capture d’écran 2020-05-18 à 19.22.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case you are looking for very good and convincing results, I would recommend to use applications that can do it much better than Illustrator (well, all things can be done in Illustrator, but it may get more complicated depending on how ambitious you are).

I can recommend an application called Excentro, but there are other applications as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines