Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke Outline

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Friends,

This is my first question/discussion ever as i am new bee here. I am a graphic designer and using illustrator from the beginning but i did not used versions between CC 2014 to CC 2018 . .  and there is a big changes comes into this version now specially the properties panel (the right side one) .

i am facing some problems with the new interface that i will share with you definitely. i want to start with STROKE problems.

Outline Stroke :-

This is the option i use very much and the outlining the stroke is really a pain for me to go to menu >Object>Expand> then uncheck FILL and OBJECT and then press OK . . another way to do this which i know is Menu >Object>Path>Outline stroke . . which takes time .. and i still didn't find any short cut for this operation. in the previous version i use CC 2014 i used to use the shortcut which i have my own. but as now we have the New properties panel i dont want to do this and i dont understand why adobe did not give the option to outline the stroke (in Quick Action section) like we have for the text even i never found this option in the dedicated Stroke window.

So i am here to ask help to know  how to do this through Properties panel or any shortcut (may be i dont know). Please guide me if you know the better way to do this.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Under Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts, you can make your own custom shortcuts. Sounds like you did that in a previous version but don't want to in the newer version.

If you prefer the previous interface, you can choose the Essentials Classic workspace.

You can make enhancement requests at Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts, you can make your own custom shortcuts. Sounds like you did that in a previous version but don't want to in the newer version.

If you prefer the previous interface, you can choose the Essentials Classic workspace.

You can make enhancement requests at Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you already know about the Expand command.

The options I mentioned are the only ones available. But another approach would be to create an action using the Actions panel. It would be simple to create and you can assign a keyboard shortcut to the action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you these all options i knew . . the Action one was new for me.. that is a good idea... but the question is why should i use adobe if i have to work hard on software instead of creativity although i am a big fan of adobe software even i only use adobe . . . but  i think adobe has a big creative team and how they can forget to add this important feature to Quick action section in Properties panel.

Thank you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree that this feature should be included in the Properties panel. You can help Adobe improve their products by filling out the bug report/enhancement request form. That's about all we can do. The people answering questions on this forum are volunteers and not involved in making decisions about Adobe software features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines