SVG files messed up when I import into Illustrator

New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I import SVG files into Illustrator (saved from R), they get completely messed up.  Random portions of the figure are missing.  Any suggestions?

Best wishes,

Lucy

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And "saved from R" means what? The statistics software? Reddit? Some other service/ program? Generated with the R programming language? You need to be much more specific. That aside it's usually not particular helpful to describe such issues, but rather to show screenshots or the files in question themselves/ the SVG code. Again, you need to provide much more info and explain rather than just saying that your file gets messed up.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SVG is not a native file format of Illustrator.

It may or may not work.

Is the SVG file valid as per the W3C Validation?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I have sent my file to the Adobe tech support and they are looking to fix the issue in upcoming releases of Illustrator.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try open instead of import.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines