• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SVGz files not working

Participant ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been using Svgz files for a while now but the last couple of updates for illustrator the svgz files do not work.  I  could not view these files till they were on the server    So I would make both SVG and svgz files use the SVG  to visually code then add the z to the file name on the server this worked well.

Now the svgz files  display with a missing file icon   All my old svgz  files work and display perfectly  but anything i produce  now is  broken    Has anyone else seen this and know  what to do to resolve it    

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same issue. I have created many svgz files with the illustrator and now all are aparently blank... they are still there, but they cannot be opened correctly and I cannot acces to my paintings and designs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Maybe Inkscape can open your files and export them to a format Illustrator can read.

Both SVG and SVGz are not suitable as working file formats as they are not native files for Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have reposted  my problem  with   the SVGz format  at the link you suggested   But  just to be clear I only export  SVG  or SVGz  as a web format I always retain the  origination in a .ai native format  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case: does the SVGz work on the web? Because that's all it would need to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi  Monika No they don't that was the whole point of the post  The SVGZ's I have been producing recently just display as a broken image    I have  Old SVGz on various servers which work perfectly new SVGz on the same servers display as broken links It's like the server does not recognise the file format. I know it should as I have added the file type to my .htacces files and the older file display correctly so something is not right.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines