• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turn Off Real-Time Drawing and Editing

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem: After the latest Adobe Illustrator update, I noticed that my guides were disappearing when I moved them and would only reappear when I dropped them. This is extremely frustrating.

Solution: Disable Real-Time Drawing and Editing when viewing the interface on the GPU if you are running an older machine like I am. iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) running an AMD Radeon R9 M390 2GB. 

I'm posting this up because I couldn't find any information on this on the forums and I'm very low tech savvy, so I just had to check and uncheck boxes in the program until I found the solution, hope this helps!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Luis, there are currently 3 workarounds for this problem:

You can switch temporarily to Outline Preview (Cmd Y).

You can switch temporarily to CPU Preview (Cmd E).

Kurt Gold suggested that you can create a separate layer for your guides and set the visibility for that layer to Outline (Cmd click on the eye icon for that layer).

And you can vote here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39740689-realtime-previ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines