Highlighted

Wacom Alt + click bug

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, AI CC2017, wacom tablet (tried different ones)

When I alt+click to place a custom pivot point with the rotate/ skew or mirror tool the anchor point sticks to the cursor and won't release. The program freezes for up to a few minutes before the menu pops up. It's not usable.

This only happens when using the Wacom pen. Not with mouse or trackpad. When it freezes and I unplug the Wacom tablet, it works fine again.

Looking at other threads and fora, this problem seems to be around for many years now, in many CS and CC versions. Why isn't this solved yet?

I 'fixed' it by turning off GPU preview, but that's far from ideal obviously.

Hi, I was also having the same issue. I was with customer support for a few hours trying to figure it out. I too noticed that disabling GPU fixed the problem, but we didn't want to compromise. We updated the Video Card drivers, removed Illustrator preferences, I even Uninstalled and reinstalled it. Nothing seemed to help. Then we went to startup preferences and stopped everything on restart. the problem was fixed, but my Wacom tablet didn't work well since those drivers were also stopped. So we started services again. Then I plugged in a USB mouse and the ALT-Click bug was no more, so it had to be a Wacom issue. I downloaded and updated to driver and it fixed the issue. Hopefully this will save other people time. It was the Wacom driver all along.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Wacom Alt + click bug

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, AI CC2017, wacom tablet (tried different ones)

When I alt+click to place a custom pivot point with the rotate/ skew or mirror tool the anchor point sticks to the cursor and won't release. The program freezes for up to a few minutes before the menu pops up. It's not usable.

This only happens when using the Wacom pen. Not with mouse or trackpad. When it freezes and I unplug the Wacom tablet, it works fine again.

Looking at other threads and fora, this problem seems to be around for many years now, in many CS and CC versions. Why isn't this solved yet?

I 'fixed' it by turning off GPU preview, but that's far from ideal obviously.

Hi, I was also having the same issue. I was with customer support for a few hours trying to figure it out. I too noticed that disabling GPU fixed the problem, but we didn't want to compromise. We updated the Video Card drivers, removed Illustrator preferences, I even Uninstalled and reinstalled it. Nothing seemed to help. Then we went to startup preferences and stopped everything on restart. the problem was fixed, but my Wacom tablet didn't work well since those drivers were also stopped. So we started services again. Then I plugged in a USB mouse and the ALT-Click bug was no more, so it had to be a Wacom issue. I downloaded and updated to driver and it fixed the issue. Hopefully this will save other people time. It was the Wacom driver all along.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 08, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chantal,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues with Illustrator CC 2017 while using Wacom. Would you mind sharing the exact GPU you are using? Please check if the Wacom drivers are up to date, if not try updating them and then check.

Regards,

Om

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Om,

Thanks for getting in touch.

My drivers are up to date (downloaded and installed last week.)

GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

Hope you can shine some light on the problem.

Thank you

[Personal information removed - please don't leave your email signature intact when responding via email - moderator]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 14, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chantal,

As suggested above, please do not put your personal information on a public forum like this one. Thanks for the information about the driver and GPU. Please allow me sometime to check and reproduce the issue at our end and I'll get back to you on this.

Regards,

Om

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 15, 2017 0
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2019 1
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having the same issue. There has been thread abut this issue for over 9 years now (which is locked) and the problem is still there. Before outline was updated to have GPU support quick Ctrl+Y worked as a solution, but now I can't use my Cintiq to rotate/shear/scale/mirror with acnor point offsetted. Looks like some kind of GPU issu. Just breaks my flow every time 😞
Dirvers are up to date for wacom.

Win 10. 1070GTX, Asus. 430. 86 drivers. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have the same problem.  now i changed from wacom to gaomon tablett, with the hoppe to overcome this annoying thing. But, big surprise, same thing. rotate-> alt click-> wate at least 4 hours until you see results. No escape, no stop, no alternative way. every time you forget and use this dammed thing, you are a loser. hey adobe, do something.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

today again waited after trying rotate#alt#klick.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -- I have this same issue with Illustrator 2020, it's incredibly annoying and nothing seems to fix it. All my wacom drivers are updated, I've messed with the windows ink settings, nothing seems to work. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0