Highlighted

Wacom eraser side of pen not working

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The eraser side of my Wacom pen isn't working in Illustrator. When I flip the pen it just continues using the tool I was using.

After playing with the Wacom settings, it appears that it only occurs after calibrating the screen if your using a cintiq. As (Graysfang) mentioned above, if you hit the little ( - ) next to it, it will delete the pen settings. After that, touch the screen for it to work again, and redo your pen settings but don't calibrate it again or it'll not work properly all over again. Hope this helps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Wacom eraser side of pen not working

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The eraser side of my Wacom pen isn't working in Illustrator. When I flip the pen it just continues using the tool I was using.

After playing with the Wacom settings, it appears that it only occurs after calibrating the screen if your using a cintiq. As (Graysfang) mentioned above, if you hit the little ( - ) next to it, it will delete the pen settings. After that, touch the screen for it to work again, and redo your pen settings but don't calibrate it again or it'll not work properly all over again. Hope this helps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 18, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your setup in the Wacom driver.

If that does not work:

- Which version?

- Which system?

- Which tablet?

- Which driver version?

- Any third party plugins?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2017 1
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Illustrator CC 21.0.2. on the Intuos Pro Medium Driver version 6.2.20-11. It works in Photoshop and other programs, just not in Illustrator

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2017 0
Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That Wacom driver might be not the latest one (although the latest driver might cause issues as well - you never know unfortunately). So try and update the driver. But please check the settings in the driver first.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hana,

In addition to what Monika said, if mystery reamins, you may consider pen failure.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2017 1
Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the settings in your Wacom preference settings? Make sure the "eraser" end is set to "Eraser".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Wacom Tablet Properties.

Select your Pen.

Hit the ( - ) button to remove the Pen.

Touch the pen to the tablet to pair it again.

It'll wipe your custom settings for the pen but it's better than having to redo your entire settings like reinstalling the driver.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2017 3
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Graysfang! You are my Wacom gaurdian angel, I've been trying to solve this problem for over 7 months. This fixed all my issues with both the eraser and pressure sensitivity not working in Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been low-key bugging me for *years* and I'd lost count of  the amount of fruitless searches I'd done to find the answer. But now I've started a new project doing a lot more painting in PS it became a major annoyance.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2018 2
Resources