Highlighted

Wacom Tablet, The zoom tool, Illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! (last I saw this question being asked in this community support, it wasn't answered correctly, It is tricky to explain I am trying to dumb it down for sake of my own understanding and surely yours too.) I have a Wacom Intus tablet, it is connected to my laptop, so I use it in illustrator to draw While looking on my laptop screen. The zoom tool in illustrator usually allows me to draw a box with the Wacom pen to zoom in, and holding alt allows me to zoom out. The same thing applies when I tap the pen onto the tablet. 

But there's another way to zoom in and out using the pen. the only problem is that it seems to be a different setting. with this setting, I am able to zoom in and out by dragging my pen to the left and to the right, This method does not involve the alt button the zoom out.

I'm sure that anyone who knows of this methods prefers this method over the others because it is smoother workflow, it's quicker and better.

If any is familiar with this method, please help me get to it. I do not know how to activate it.

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Wacom Tablet, The zoom tool, Illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! (last I saw this question being asked in this community support, it wasn't answered correctly, It is tricky to explain I am trying to dumb it down for sake of my own understanding and surely yours too.) I have a Wacom Intus tablet, it is connected to my laptop, so I use it in illustrator to draw While looking on my laptop screen. The zoom tool in illustrator usually allows me to draw a box with the Wacom pen to zoom in, and holding alt allows me to zoom out. The same thing applies when I tap the pen onto the tablet. 

But there's another way to zoom in and out using the pen. the only problem is that it seems to be a different setting. with this setting, I am able to zoom in and out by dragging my pen to the left and to the right, This method does not involve the alt button the zoom out.

I'm sure that anyone who knows of this methods prefers this method over the others because it is smoother workflow, it's quicker and better.

If any is familiar with this method, please help me get to it. I do not know how to activate it.

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I noticed that.

I sometimes use the Roller Wheel on my Wacom MobileStudio Pro. 

There are so many ways to do things with Wacom tech. 

I actually just got the XP-Pen Artist 24 Pro and I will be setting it up next week.  I will see how it functions differently as opposed to Wacom tech. 

XP-Pen asked me to create a couple tutorials and add them to my DYC Studios YouTube Channel.... wish me luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines