• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS AT ADOBE?!

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seriously about had it... your updates are the absolute worst!! Are you even using the software?? You have taken a decent program and turned it into a pile of unusable crap year after year. Please resolve these issues...

1. With the latest update you just removed the ability the two finger pan and zoom when you have the brush tool. Nobody wants to paint with their fingers! And even if they did, two finger gestures should be separate!! Nobody wants to switch to the selection tool just to pan and zoom!! This has entirely interrupted my workflow... your entire focus should be on a touch, pen, keyboard interface. Develop this software for seamless usability for devices like the Surface Pro and Surface Book. Anything else, and you're going in the wrong direction...

2. With the latest update the align tool now randomly decides to switch to Align by Selection as default....

3. With the latest update, the program has become an even further resource hog. Quit bloating this software and establish some principles that will develop lean and mean software.

Finally, since I've calmed down a little bit I will share some positive notes.

I like the panels moved to the right. I think it's a nice change that I can see speeding up my workflow. However, it's not quite there, and I'm hoping to see some further refinement moving forward. For example.. one of the most used buttons in Illustrator, the Select By control should be in the QUICK ACTIONS section. Because it's not, I have to turn the Control bar back on... Which makes the effort for the right panel almost useless...

I feel like this program is being developed by people who don't take the time to consult those who actually use it. I have never been so frustrated at a piece of software in my life. Every update is providing more and more of a negative impact to my work flow....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

We have a fix for Align to selection issue and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit http://adobe.ly/1Q3rCPI and get the latest build titled Adobe Illustrator CC 22.0.2  - Hot Fix.

This build is of production quality. Please feel free to use / recommend it for your day to day activity.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Can*t reproduce that

2. Can't reproduce that

3. Have you rebuilt the preferences after updating? Restart the computer? Made sure all your third party plugins are compatible? Checked if there is a printer connected?

As for prerelease: you can apply to be a part of it. Just go to the forum's main page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

christ91558460  wrote

Quit bloating this software and establish some principles that will develop lean and mean software.

Adding new features does not bloat the software. If you do not use a feature then it does not take any resources.

Also, be sure to go to User Voice at this link and fill out a separate feature request for each item. You are on the user forum where we can help you when you are stuck, but the majority of us are just users. The feedback link is read by the Illustrator engineers and product managers, so that is the best place to log complaints as opposed to "how do I do this?"

Adobe Illustrator Feedback

And if you want to talk directly to the engineers and product managers, be sure to go to Adobe MAX next October and sign up for a session with them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Adding new features does not bloat the software. If you do not use a feature then it does not take any resources.

Not to hijack another user's rant thread, but I'm kinda flabbergasted anyone would say this.

Adding new features bloats the software, almost by definition. Every new feature increases the potential for problems, as does every new change to an existing feature. I shudder to think how many test cases Adobe needs to run in order to feel confident that a change will not break things, but since the software base involves worldwide users on a variety of operating systems, it's not surprising that every new release is met with a chorus of "Hey you broke my stuff!" on this forum.

And just because a user's CPU isn't engaged when they doesn't actively use that feature doesn't mean there's nothing going on under the hood - are you telling me that Adobe CC doesn't have a bunch of network/cloud activity taking place even though I don't actively choose to use online libraries or share my work with others? I simply don't believe it.

Beyond THAT, developing and supporting new features (or changes to existing features, seemingly motivated by change-for-change's-sake) takes people power resources that I wish Adobe would redirect toward fixing bugs and improving performance.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e,

The thing is, Adobe is forced to respond when users air their concerns here. Entering feedback seems to have no effect because there are no PR ramifications.

I have voiced my concerns on this forum and actually been able to speak with an engineer (unfortunately, with no positive results). The sad thing is, unless there is an overwhelming negative response about lost functionality, those features are simply lost for good. That is exactly what has happened to the Pencil tool editing feature. I have beat the drum about it for YEARS and nothing has happened. I have finally conceded that it is lost for good. And that's very sad for long-time users who have made their livelihood perfecting their skills in Adobe Illustrator.

While new features may not compete for CPU resources they certainly compete for development resources and UI bloat. It can be very challenging to keep the "bells and whistles" out of the way of real work. I won't go into detail here because I think long-time users know what I'm talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Furthermore, how does one revert back to the old properties panel, this new one is actual trash. Seriously, the worst.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no "old properties panel". Maybe you are referring to the control panel. You can open it using the Windows menu. Or by choosing a different workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm. I love the new properties panel. I actually jumped for joy when I updated Illustrator. Why don't you like it? Is it simply because you have to reorient yourself, or have certain features that you use disappeared?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@christ91558460 Number 2 is happening to me constantly it is really annoying.

The properties panel is good idea, but just ends up increasing the amount of clicks to do basic tasks, as most of the good settings are hidden under 'more options'. Also, why is 'scale corners' and 'scale stroke and effects' only visible when there is no selection? I would prefer the opposite. The appearance section also has a lot of wasted space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also clicked "try it out" for the new properties panel and immediately regretted it.  I could not figure out how to revert back to the old one and ended up here after searching the forums and trying to get ahold of someone at Adobe.  There's got to be a way to revert back since I think there was a "no thanks" option.  It was an animated pop up window, so I thought there was going to be an animated tutorial on how to acquaint myself with the new panel and there was NOT.

I clicked around and found a suitable workspace (typography) and was still surprised that it doesn't include glyphs and open type.  What a crock.  I am one of those scatterbraind people who doesn't remember the names of all my palettes (such as 'open type') so it took me quite a while to find it.

Also literally the very first time I opened the updated Illustrator program, it said it stopped working during startup.  Then it seemed to work fine aside from the new properties panel throwing me for a loop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shannong6122532  schrieb

I clicked around and found a suitable workspace (typography) and was still surprised that it doesn't include glyphs and open type.  What a crock.  I am one of those scatterbraind people who doesn't remember the names of all my palettes (such as 'open type') so it took me quite a while to find it.

You know that you can set up your own workspace, right?

There's no "revert" from "New Properties" to "Old properties". "Old properties" is the control panel. You just need to trn it on in the Window menu.

You might want to read the documentation: Illustrator workspace basics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use both the control panel at top of screen and the properties panel anchored to the right.  The control panel seems fine and I already had it turned on, but the property panel is different and awkward for me.  There was a pop up window on the middle-lower-right of my screen that asked if I wanted to try the new properties panel (I THINK this is what it said.  I was not taking notes or screen shots) and immediately regretted.  I believe there was a 'not now' or 'no thanks' button.  So I was asking how to undo that and pretend I clicked the 'no thanks' button to get my old workspace back.

I did know that I could save my workspace that I had been using for a very long time, but I'm not sure if I did.  If it was saved, it was not brought into the new version that I updated 2 days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like I just need to turn the properties panel off from the windows menu.  That is more like how I had it before and also takes up a lot less space.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add that the "smart guides" now don't behave the way they used to and I can't snap things to text I have anymore, for example... I just had to roll back to Photoshop CC 2017 due to completely broken ALT key support, now this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RimVai  schrieb

I'll add that the "smart guides" now don't behave the way they used to and I can't snap things to text I have anymore, for example...

Please describe in detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

created some text, wanted to cnap the artboard to the text and export as SVG. Artboard doesn't snap. I had to outline the text for the guides to pick up and snap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, in WIndows right-click > open with > Illustrator CC 2018 - this doesn't do jack regardless of whether my files are on a local drive or a network drive...

At the moment the ONLY way for me to open a file is to go through illustrator itself and do a file>open and search for it... what a pain in the A$$!

Seriously, what the hell is this? The more I try to use this new illustrator update the more I agree with the OP over the monkey-business over at Adobe 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, why can't I click and drag a file into illustrator to open it (Windows, dunno about mac)? Before the new dumba$$ CC2017 new-file menu update I could drag a file into a freshly-opened illustrator and that's it. Then CC 2017 came out with that new "get started" bollocks and I could only drag a new file into the program IF I've created a new empty file to get to the actual program window. Now I can't do even that.... Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to preferences and turn off 'Show the start workspace when no documents are open' then you should be able drag files to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the thing - I can't. The new update f*cked something up... I can no longer drag files into illustrator no matter what...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you already tried rebuilding the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course...

And I agree with Tom here - I too would rather see bug, stability and usability fixes first and foremost before "new" features are introduced. We can do our jobs just fine with CC2017 and I'd be stretched to find anyone who'd struggle much with something older, like CS5 or CS6, to be honest. We all survived fine.

Like how the hell am I supposed to work when I'm reduced to only one out of three ways of opening files in Illustrator? The two that are gone being the ones that I always used... That's not an upgrade, that's not an update - that's a fvck up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi christ91558460,

Sorry to hear that some of your workflows are broken in this new update, Illustrator Team would like to engage with you more on this, you can join pre-release by clicking this link Adobe Prerelease​

-Rama

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

christ91558460  wrote

I feel like this program is being developed by people who don't take the time to consult those who actually use it. I have never been so frustrated at a piece of software in my life. Every update is providing more and more of a negative impact to my work flow....

Hi,

I am sorry to hear you have been facing issues off late. As humans, we do make mistakes at times. Here is what I would request you to do

1. Report each of these issues separately on our feedback channel illustrator.uservoice.com

2. Join us on the pre-release program so that we can openly discuss the future roadmap with you. click http://adobe.ly/1Q3rCPI. A few prerequisites to join the program:  A valid subscription. The latest release of Illustrator installed on your machine.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh

Sr. Quality Engineering Manager - Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a fix for Align to selection issue and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit http://adobe.ly/1Q3rCPI and get the latest build titled Adobe Illustrator CC 22.0.2  - Hot Fix.

This build is of production quality. Please feel free to use / recommend it for your day to day activity.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines