Copied

Nothing.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos,

Sorry to hear that. Is there any specific feature request which you were anticipating? If yes, please feel free to share it with me and I can get more details about the same.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also Om if you could provide an official changelog specifically for scripting with each release that would be really, really appreciated.

Carlos is doing an amazing job, his notes over the years have been invaluable to me and to many, many others - but it's kind of crazy that he is the one figuring all this out as an unpaid community volunteer when somewhere there's an Adobe employed team that can tell us directly as they code it!!

I realise this is low priority as everyone there is focused on UXP at the moment, but until that ships in AI (and for years afterwards) these notes are kind of essential...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Let me get back to the team on this and I'll keep you posted.

Totally agree with what you said about Carlos!

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks bdgeorge, I appreciate the comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Om, I do have a lot of ideas and requests. But this is a thread I make right after each new release to list new additions to the Scripting API.

For example, last release they introduced Large Canvas feature, so I scoured the Scripting API to see if it was included (it was).

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/what-s-new-in-illustrator-scripting-cc2020/m-p/10772375?p...

I always asks for new features to be included in the scripting API. It should be standard.

thanks for the offer though, we should talk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly!

Let's sync-up over email and I'll try to loop in some of my teammates from the scripting space as well.

PS - I really admire and appreciate the way you are holding the scripting fort on Community! 🙂 

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Om, I appreciate the comments. It's not just me anymore, there are other scripting enthusiasts that keep the Scripting Forum alive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Om Nath Jha wrote: "… I really admire and appreciate the way you are holding the scripting fort on Community! 🙂 "

full ack  -->

searchpage filter: What's New in Illustrator Scripting forum-board:illustrator 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines