Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are the corner widgets?!

Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, my corner widgets have disappeared from Illustrator, as I have used them before. With the direct selection tool selecting a shape, they don't show up. This happens no matter what shape I use, just drawing a rectangle using basic shapes tool for example.

The bounding box is showing and also i can't find anywhere these can be reactivated...can anyone help???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

CS6 never had any corner widgets. Maybe you are referring to the Round Coners effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darren,

Please check Anchor and Handle Display in the preferences. It should be as shown below :

Capture.JPG

If it still behaves the same, I would suggest you to reset the Illustrator preferences and then check.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ohmnath

Unfortunately that option isn't on mine, I'm using CS6, and all the updates are up to date. I tried resetting the preferences and it has just stayed the same. Very strange as I've definitely used the tool before, only a few months ago??

Regards

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 never had any corner widgets. Maybe you are referring to the Round Coners effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ton

Thank you, sorry it did confuse me! Thank you clearing it up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that solved your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darren,

As informed by our expert Ton Frederiks, CS6 never had the corner widgets. It was introduced in the later version of AI.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines