• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom Jumping Around

Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop, if I click in say, the upper left hand corner with the zoom tool, the image will zoom in as if its center were in the upper left hand corner of the screen.  If I prefer to not use Scrubby zoom and I need to click a second time, I do not need to move my zoom cursor, I can just click again right where I left off.

In ILLUSTRATOR though, if I click with the Zoom in the upper left hand corner, the canvas will JUMP so that where I clicked is now ... in the center of the screen.  Now, if I have to click Zoom again, I have to move my cursor over to the center and click again.   And if I'm off-center when clicking, the canvas jumps again.  And again.  And again.

How do I get the Illustrator zoom to behave like that other Adobe product called Photoshop?

Toggling Zoom to Selection doesn't offer a behavior that fixes this for me.

Thanks,

Marc

TOPICS
Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Thank you, Dan.  In the end I turned on Scrubby Zoom in both Photoshop and Illustrator since that zoom at least behaves the way I expect it to and is common between both applications.  I have a lot of muscle memory to get past, but perhaps over time I'll get used to it.

Thanks again,

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than using Scrubby Zoom (which you said you don't prefer), I don't know of a way to make them work the same. 

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Dan.  In the end I turned on Scrubby Zoom in both Photoshop and Illustrator since that zoom at least behaves the way I expect it to and is common between both applications.  I have a lot of muscle memory to get past, but perhaps over time I'll get used to it.

Thanks again,

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Until Scrubby Zoom was implemented across PS, ID, and AI I resisted it because it was hard to change my muscle memory. Once they did, I started getting used to it and have grown to like it. So it's good to give it a chance. In the end I now prefer it as I have more control over the final zoom amount.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines