• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

14.0.1 for Mac, there is lag after importing pictures

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After importing there is a lag manipulating the image. It feels like is rendering in the background (I can compare it when using Final Cut and you play the timeline without wait for the computer to render the footage).

All the functions feels slow, but trying to move an image it takes long patience. After a few minutes, I can work without issues.

I've created a new session in my computer and still having this bug.

Any solution around? Thanks in advance.

My system:

Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6

iMac 5K

RAM: 24 GB

AMD Radeon R9 M390 with 2 GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working on a network or is this a personal computer? If on a network, try disconnecting entirely from it and see if the problem persists when you work locally. It often happens that in order to maintain compatibility with firewall and virus software, networks are not updated to work correctly with the latest software and operating systems. This can result in major slowdowns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bill. I am working out of a network, in my personal computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using any third-party plugins either with InDesign or with your operating system? The images that you're importing, are they actually on your hard drive or on an external drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found what was causing the delays, slowness and lags. It was the Preflight. Usually I worked fine with it, I even had a very strict preferences and it was running fine; however in this version of InDesign was causing all those performance issues, even with the Basic preference. Once I turned off, the lag is gone. I guess I will use it at the end, just to check everything is alright, as old times. Thanks for your assistance Bill. And no, no third party plugins here and images are in my internal HD. Greetings!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines