• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A5 print problems

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Envy 5030 is set up with Apple Air Print. I have an A5 document, in the print dialog box I have the page size set to A5. The printing starts off page by around 2 cm on the leading edge. It will not print the document properly. I have also tried the document as a PDF and printing through Acrobat. I have downloaded the HP software and it doesn't seem to have a printer specific driver. When I print the page on an A4 page with crop marks, it is perfectly within the page margins. There seems to be an error with the A5 size. I have even created my own custome A5 size for the document and the printer settings. I have set "Scale to Fit" and every option I can think about. Any insight kind people? Thank you! 

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

You'll have to find the option for borderless printing.

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-print-to-the-edge-with-an-hp-printer

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I agree with Eugene & roaringmousegraphics. Apart from checking the printer settings, have you tried printing any other A5 document? You may also share screenshot of your print settings. This will help us assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to find the option for borderless printing.

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-print-to-the-edge-with-an-hp-printer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of paper are you printing on? Borderless will only work on Photo Paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I agree with Eugene & roaringmousegraphics. Apart from checking the printer settings, have you tried printing any other A5 document? You may also share screenshot of your print settings. This will help us assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was the thickness of the card stock. I cut down some A5 to A4 and it worked just fine. I didn't think it was any heavier than what I had last used. Lesson learned. Sorry I killed a tree with all of my attempts. Thanks for everyone's help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines