Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe InDesign Middle Eastern CS6

New Here ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Where is the link to Adobe InDesign Middle Eastern CS6 Trial Download?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Here is what many don't know: the Middle Eastern version is indeed available on InDesign (and for Creative Cloud users). In order to take advantage of the ME options you need to:

1. Sign onto Adobe Application Manager.

2. Click on your name and go to Preferences

3. Change your language from English to "תומך עברית English" or the equivilant for Arabic etc.

4. Double check to verify that the language settings took place by going into Preferences once again (it didn't work for me first time around).

Now

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I said that I was writing it from memory - "no testing" is implied, right? It didn't occur to me that characterDirection options are a property of the WRC only, but you are 100% right. Moral of the story: if you need it to work the first time, give somebody some money. But not me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to say that you can get an educational discount on the cloud

come to $20 a month for the whole range and of CS programs and I think about $8 for just ID (have to check into that)

The out lay is not too much.

Joel the real way to go is to change the composer, but as I said I'm scared of Harbs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~ Trevor ~ wrote:

but as I said I'm scared of Harbs.

Aw, C'mon. Harbs is a pussy cat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More like Raw, he's a lion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got a bit worried here that some nutter would take me seriously

Harbs a good guy and a big help to hundreds if not thousands.

If he wasn't a good guy I would make my own Middle East, Chinese etc. plugin and sell it but I don't want to take away from his livelihood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Levleo, I tried what you said, using English يدعم العربية and re-installed InDesign. I don't seem to see a difference in InDesign, like right to left & left to right buttons. Do you see a difference in the menus?

What I'm trying to do is work on a project started in CS5 N. African version for Mac.

As I scroll up and down, I can see everything in the file. As soon as I stop on any page, more than half of the text and images become invisible. I can highlight the invisible text, even edit it in Arabic, but it remains invisible, which is not really a practical way of working... Any ideas, apart from concluding that CS6 for Win is just too different from CS5 N.African for Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

I am not a Creative Cloud user, so I have no idea how to use the Application Manager to get an RTL-enabled install of InDesign. But the behavior you report:

As I scroll up and down, I can see everything in the file. As soon as I stop on any page, more than half of the text and images become invisible. I can highlight the invisible text, even edit it in Arabic, but it remains invisible, which is not really a practical way of working... Any ideas, apart from concluding that CS6 for Win is just too different from CS5 N.African for Mac?

sounds for all the world like a video-card driver issue. I had similar issues in complex scripts that I could resolve temporarily by a) only using PageUp and PageDown, never using the scroll wheel, and 2) zooming in and out to get the characters to redraw. Unfortunately, the only permanent solution was to find updated video card drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joel, I'll check that out. I'm on a new computer, so it could well be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, updated to the latest nVidia driver and this has cured the problem. I can now open the file started on CS5 N. Africa for Mac. Seems that the extra you get when using using Levleo's tip to get Arabic capability is the World Ready Composer, (that I used back in CS4 but hadn't been officially implemented). Whatever, it seems to allow me to work on the Arabic enough to do the job 🙂  or am I likely to run into limitations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that Adobe has brought the ME version in-house rather than having WinSoft write the additional modules, but it will be a while before it is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When WinSoft was developing the ME versions, there was always a lag between a new InDesign release and the release of the ME version. I suspect this may still be true (just guessing, no inside knowledge).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines