• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Master Collection CS6 - Update your browser

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using Adobe Master Collection CS6, which functions perfectly on both Windows 10 and Windows 11.

I have installed Adobe Master Collection CS6 on two laptops:

The first laptop was running Windows 10, and I successfully installed Adobe Master Collection CS6. After several months, I received an update from Microsoft to upgrade to Windows 11. I performed the upgrade, and Adobe Master Collection CS6 continued to work flawlessly.

Yesterday, I installed Adobe Master Collection CS6 on a new Huawei laptop running Windows 11. The installation proceeded smoothly until I launched the first application. I received the following message:

"Update your browser
To use Adobe services, please update your Adobe applications, operating system, and browser to the latest versions."

As a result, I am now only able to use Adobe Master Collection CS6 for seven days.

I would appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue.

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would guess that you actually have too NEW a browser and I would try installing an older version, or installing Firefox or Chrome and setting that to the default browser temporarily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean I have to install older vesion of chrome?

Do I have to uinstall all new browsers? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try this and you can try that, too. Any attempt to solve this issue will be just a shot in the dark. Unfortunately, there are no known solutions to install 12-year old software on today's operating system and hardware. Although you may still get lucky. For any official guidance on this, you can try to contact Adobe support (although there's a chance they won't be able to provide any).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't know what browsers you currently have, but I think the odds are that using a different browser and/or an older version may get you past the problem and I suspect once activated the browser will no longer be a problem.

It sometimes helps, as well, if the first program you launceh is Photoshop or Bridge, if I remember correctly.

You also need to understand that Adobe no longer supports CS6 and there are no updates/patches available from them for CS6. My strategy has been to run the installers to set up the registry, then copy the the program folders from a backup of a fully patched previous install on an old system and overwrite the new install. It may be possible to convert from a trial to an actiated version by overwriting a registry key as well, but I have not done that and have no idea which key(s) would be required.

There are a few of us here who still run CS6 on newer Windows systems (I run it on Win 10) and we can offer advice, but only as far as what we have tried ourselves and found to work for us, which may or may not work for you on a newer system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. CS6 on Windows 7 operating system. Acrobat crashes every month. I have to uninstall and reinstall it. This time I fear I might be out of luck. Not in my budget to purchase a new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the InDesign forum. Try the Acrobat forum but don't count on too much help with 12-year-old software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I cannot open Fireworks as this message pops up when I try to 'License' it - I was told to download it even though its always been part of my suite (I have all apps)  

'To use Adobe services, please update your Adobe applications, operating system, and browser to the latest versions.'

I had presumed this was just a way to block us from using fireworks - they are determined to end it. Its the only app I use from the suite! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose that maybe the activation server has been shut down and that's the problem, in which case I would hope that someone at Adobe customer care would be able to activate for you or provide a non-activatring version installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same issue. I have to reinstall Adobe ID CS6 since my laptop crashed. I got the same error message  when I tried to install it, I have the original installation disk. I didn't have that issue when I reinstall ID CS6 in April 2024 but now I did. So what should I do?

Any suggestions/comments are much appreciated.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional information, this is the exact error message:

Update your browser

To use Adobe services, please update your Adobe applications, operating system, and browser to the latest versions.

I am using Windows 10 with updates current and all latest browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge). I have signed in using all of these browsers and the error message stayed on.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Hope I'm doing this properly (have never posted on here before)

From what I can garner: this isn't about your web browser at all. It's the application itself (Adobe Installer). The error message appears to be from the current adobe login page, so it's unintentionally a bit misleading in this case?

I spent about an hour poking around to see if I could get around it. Good news! It's possible:

You have to install the software without verifying it (so, the 7 day trial), then update it through one of the programs. (I used Photoshop. Help > Updates.)

It takes a minute, but once everything's updated Adobe Installer gets replaced by Creative Cloud. The sign-in features are fairly functional after that.

tl;dr You don't have to do a thing to your actual browser(s).

But— as others ITT have stated—  support for CS6 is defunct. I can't do anything with my serial number without contacting support. Definitely going to try the program folders method from one of the replies here first, though.

I hope this is still somehow helpful, since it's a way to get around the specific error in OP's screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines