Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All keyboard shortcuts disappeared in InDesign 2023

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running MacOS Monterrey 12.5

With the latest update of InDesign 2023, I lost all keyboard shortcuts and the functions of some keys in the keyboard, like the "delete" key. All other Adobe applications that have been updated seem to be running well.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

-------

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

-------

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Eugene. Please clarify, for a Mac user, the keys to delete the InDesign preferences are Shift-Control-Command?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Mac OS: Shift+Control+Option+Command

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the InDesign prefernces seemed to have worked. Just one detail. Mac keyboards do not have an Alt key.

The keeys that need to be held down while InDesign is starting are Shift-Control-Option-Command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, but since I have no shortcut keys working, even the Cmd+Option+Ctrl+Shift doesn't work for me.

I lost all shortcuts after migrating to a new Mac. I did try uninstalling and reinstalling inDesign. No luck. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @angelaCultivateCreative,

Sorry to hear you have lost all shortcuts of InDesign after migration. Would you mind confirming if the InDesign is seen installed in the Creative Cloud Desktop app? Please share the version of InDesign installed on your machine.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Can you confirm if you recently updated InDesign? If yes, did you opt to keep the preferences? On updating the app, there is a pop-up that asks if you want to keep the old preferences. Please try the suggestions in the correct answer to this post and let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines