• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arrange 300+ images in a circle

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have more than 300 logos that I want to place into an indesign document and arrange into a circle - or perhaps another shape, but idelly not just a rectangle. Is there a plugin or script or tool that will let me do that? See image for example (this image does not have the correct logos so I need to do something similar from scratch).

I know of the gridify tool but it will only let me place the images in a recangular grid as far as I know. Any advice?

logocircle.png

TOPICS
Experiment , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible one of the script wizards here could come up with something, but truth is... at some point, very niche, specialized needs are in the province of making the best use of ID's tools for layout and alignment, and mostly on a manual basis.

Not everything can be automated, not with a proportional amount of work to achieve the automation.

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Simon28169143ls6l:

No. Scripting is magical and greatly extends the InDesign feature set, but I think it will take a human to arrange the logos so that they visually fill out the circle.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another year or two and it will be an offhand request to an AI. 😛

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boo! And ruefully true ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy, you just need to load your logos as InLine graphics inside a TextFrame - there are a lot of scripts that can change a file name in the text into a linked graphics. 

Getting list of files from a folder shouldn't be a big deal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip. But how would loading the images into a TextFrame solve this? Are you suggesting making the text frame in the shape I want and then flow the images as inline graphics? Maybe it will work but it will give me less control to adjust details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, TextFrame in the shape of a donut. 

What kind of adjustment do you need? Better fitment? You can convert them from InLine to Anchored and then move them around. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines