• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arrowhead scaling percentage no longer accurate

Contributor ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just realised that the arrowhead scaling percentage no longer works as it should.

Scaling an arrowhead to 50% no longer means that the size is reduced to 50%, it the arrowhead only shrinks to something like 90%.

Similarliy, a 200% size adjustment gives me around 110% the original size. See image.

Not even a 1% setting gives me the 50% size I'm looking for.

I'm on a MBP M3 Max with InDesin 19.1.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

It this happening in one particular file or for all files?

If just one file, there may be some corruption in the file. Often this can be corrected by saving the file as IDML: File > Save As > InDesign CS4 or Later [IDML]. Then open the IDML file in InDesign to see if the corruption is removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problems like that can often be correctly returned to normal by restoring InDesign's caches and preferences. Here's how:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but that didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It this happening in one particular file or for all files?

If just one file, there may be some corruption in the file. Often this can be corrected by saving the file as IDML: File > Save As > InDesign CS4 or Later [IDML]. Then open the IDML file in InDesign to see if the corruption is removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it looks like you're right. In another file, the arrowhead scaling appears to be correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The IDML trick didn't work, though. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The IDML method doens't always fix corruption. You may need to rebuild the file, copying the "good parts" into a new file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, thanks. I'll mark your answer as correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines