• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Better customizeable placeholder text for InDesign?

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a better, smarter way to insert placeholder text into my indesign documents than the tired and true methods of copy/paste from an external source or utilizing my own placeholder.txt doc.

I'd like to be able to simply insert my cursor anywhere in my text box/frame (which may already have text in it) and be able 'insert placeholder text' and specify character, word or paragraph count'

Or possibly leverage AI integration directly in app where I can select an certain length of text and have it 'edit' to a specific word/character/paragraph count?

Anyone know of any plugins that would allow this?
Seems like this feature has sat idle for many years and could benefit from being a little more capable and intelligent inside the application.

TIA

TOPICS
Feature request , Scripting , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

thanks for the tip/referral. added to an existing request from someone else here:
Not sure how much Adobe will pay attention... that previous request is 5 years old!

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/35479975-define-word-count-when-filling-placeholder-text

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting idea. Why not add this as a feature request in User Voice. https://indesign.uservoice.com/ Please link to the feature request so others that read your post can help to vote vote for it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the tip/referral. added to an existing request from someone else here:
Not sure how much Adobe will pay attention... that previous request is 5 years old!

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/35479975-de...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I normally use lipsum.com when I need to insert a specific number of words. It would be great if you could just set that in IND. You could use the Info Panel to check the word and character count if you already have text placed down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you seen this: https://github.com/twardoch/lorem-chatum-for-indesign

Quite likely that you can ask for all of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool… and dangerous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines