Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

bullet

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have a question about organizing bullets in Adobe InDesign. I created a character style for bullets and nested it in a paragraph style. Later, I changed the bullet size from the character style. Currently, it seems that the bullets are positioned at the top of the text. How can I center the bullets in the middle of the first line? I would appreciate any help.

スクリーンショット 2024-01-20 16.00.27.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

You have to apply a Character Style to the bullet, in Bullets & Numbering setup.

JamesGiffordNitroPress_0-1705784983720.png

Then you can adjust that style to change font, color, size and many other things. To align a bullet with the text, use the Baseline Shift. You typically want to adjust it in fractions of a point, rarely more than 2 points overall:

JamesGiffordNitroPress_1-1705785056199.png

Just to be clear, you don't usually use Nested Styles for bullets — maybe you meant the above, assigning a Char Style, but I wanted to make sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to apply a Character Style to the bullet, in Bullets & Numbering setup.

JamesGiffordNitroPress_0-1705784983720.png

Then you can adjust that style to change font, color, size and many other things. To align a bullet with the text, use the Baseline Shift. You typically want to adjust it in fractions of a point, rarely more than 2 points overall:

JamesGiffordNitroPress_1-1705785056199.png

Just to be clear, you don't usually use Nested Styles for bullets — maybe you meant the above, assigning a Char Style, but I wanted to make sure.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.0 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi James,

Thank you so much for the explanation. I was able to solve this. Also, yes, I meant applying a Character Style to the bullet.

Thanks again, and have a great weekend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines