• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can anchored box go behind the text?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am tyepsetting a large book and I have a graphic object that I want to include behind each title. I have anchored it into the text box and using custom anchoring it is placed in the right position. However it is above the text. How do I place it behind the text?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Putting it above the text as a transpareent object is likely to cause the text to be raterized in print, and if it reduces the density of the title text that will print as dots in any case.

The somewhat good news here is that there is quite a bit more depth to the graphic so you should be able to use an otherwise blank paragraph before your title and adjust the positioning of the anchored object.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not possible.

Can you post a screenshot showing what you would like to achieve? Maybe someone will find a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you'll need to add a paragraph before your title to anchor the graphic if you want it behind the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another possibility is to add a second frame to hold the graphic and place it behind the test frame, then group the two, rather than using an anchored object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Here is a screenshot. I want the scroll graphic box to go behind the title text. It is a transparent box so it's hard to see that it is above the text, but it is above the text and making the text slightly lighter than it should be.

If I would put the graphic in a separate text frame behind the main frame and then group them together, it would not work if there would be edits to the text of the book because it would cause the text to shift.

I could possibly leave the scroll above the text since it is semi-transparent and the text would be grey rather than black. But will this cause any problems with the printing? Can a semi transparent object be placed above text?

I have in the past had problems in print when transparent objects were placed above text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to set the anchored frame transparency to “overlay”? Maybe it could work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes good idea, that works, thank you!

Could it cause any issues when printing if there is a trasparency above the text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Putting it above the text as a transpareent object is likely to cause the text to be raterized in print, and if it reduces the density of the title text that will print as dots in any case.

The somewhat good news here is that there is quite a bit more depth to the graphic so you should be able to use an otherwise blank paragraph before your title and adjust the positioning of the anchored object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture d’écran 2024-02-14 à 14.20.59.png

Simply use a “double“ anchoring!

The first, inline, using the 2nd option of the “Anchor“ panel, to not interfere with the current text. The second, inserted in the previous text frame anchored, personalized, that will allow the user to “move” the image where (s)he wants, under the main anchor.

(^/)  The Jedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines