• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't reverse document layout on Adobe InDesign 2024 (version 19.5)

15 hours ago 15 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can't reverse document layout on Adobe InDesign 2024 (version 19.5)
as an ex: if I need to work on translated document from English to Arabic I can't reverse the layout as older versions.
note: preferences adjusted (apps>Deafault install language: English يدعم العربية
so it should support RTL languages but unfortunately the newest version doesn't support RTL layout.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
11 hours ago 11 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
11 hours ago 11 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TarekHassan ,

I would reinstall InDesign after setting the language of your machine to Arabic/English.

Or go back to InDesign 2024 version 19.4 if that does not help.

For "reversing" the document pages you could use this ExtendScript code that sets page binding to "right-to-left":

// ExtendScript code to set page binding to RTL

app.documents[0].documentPreferences.pageBinding = 
PageBindingOptions.RIGHT_TO_LEFT;

Before running the script on a document in my German InDesign 2024 version 19.5.0:

Bildschirmfoto 2024-07-17 um 15.36.16.png

Result after running the code:

Bildschirmfoto 2024-07-17 um 15.38.01.png

How to install and run ExtendScript scripts see e.g.:

https://indiscripts.com/pages/help#hd0sb2

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
7 hours ago 7 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My install of 2024 v19.5 has Reverse Layout exactly where I'd expect it, in the Layout menu. 

I find that my language setting in the CC app preferences typically fails to stick. So if I just let InDesign update itself without checking the language preference first, I'm likely to accidentally install plain vanilla English InDesign. 

Do you have no RTL tools at all? Then you may need to revisit that setting in the CC app preferences.

Do you have some RTL tools, but no "Reverse Layout" in the Layout menu? You could try resetting your preferences. No idea when it was implemented, but there's an easy new way to do so from within the InDesign preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines