Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot create package folder

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all.  

I'm trying to create a package but it just fails without showing an error.  

There is a warning about three images using RGB -- do all linked image files have to be cmyk?  

If so, any suggestions on how to fix this?  

If not, any suggestions on where I could maybe find a helpful error message?

Many, many thanks!

Deb

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RGB is not only allowed, it is recommended for images. 
i would not use PNG. Why are you using those? What kind of images are those?

Do not embed any images, link them. Embedded images are the main cause of corrupt files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response, Willi.  

Someone did the layout for me, and embedding is what they chose to do.  I had no idea that it's not recommended.  

Thank you for letting me know of the problem that these can cause!.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a package but it just fails without showing an error.  

There is a warning about three images using RGB -- do all linked image files have to be cmyk?  

By @Deborah35837466yswd

Normally, these warnings shouldn't affect your ability to package InDesign files. These warnings are for your information only.

First questions:

-What InDesign and Windows versions are you using?

-Do I understand correctly that when you click the "Package" button, nothing happens (no errors or any other dialogs), and the package isn't created?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Leo.

I'm using InDesign Cloud, and Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Sorry, no, I didn't describe what happens correctly.  Here is what it says: 

"InDesign could not package the document ' <document name'. Cannot copy publication."

This seems like a case of the msg being "sorry, I can't do that" without any helpful information, but maybe that "Cannot copy publication." is a helpful message to those with experience....!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using InDesign Cloud, and Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

"InDesign could not package the document ' <document name'. Cannot copy publication."

By @Deborah35837466yswd

Try to export your document as IDML, then open the IDML file, save under a new name, and try to package. Will it make a difference?

If it doesn't help, let us know your exact version of InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry you're having trouble creating a package. It can be quite frustrating when things don't work as expected.

As Leo suggests, try saving your document as an IDML file. To do this, go to File > Export and choose InDesign Markup (IDML). After exporting, open the IDML file and save it under a new name.

Additionally, after saving as IDML, make sure to relink your images to ensure everything is connected correctly. Also, keep everything on the desktop folder so there are no additional issues, such as read-and-write problems, and then try to package it again.

Please let us know if this helps or if you need any further help.

Best regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines