• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot find missing link

Contributor ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a program for a football team. Because the program year to year is similar I use the previous years program as a template.  That works well with the one exception that their is one remaining missing link from the previous year. I tried to use the go to link option in the links panel but it doesn't go any ware. I tried to relink the old file so I could find it and then delete it but even though I could find the old link it still wont relink. It doesn't give an error it just doesn't do anything. Does any one know how to delete that link? I am using Indesign CC 2017 on a Mac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you select the missing link in the Links panel and click the trash can button, and then add it back in again via File > Place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could be viewing the document in preview mode and the link may be on the pasteboard?

The missing link should give you a hyperlink with a page number or PB.

What does it say?

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no PR or page number associated with the link. When you use the go to option nothing gets selected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with BarbBinder select the link and trash it and then place it from the file menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting the Indesign to IDML and then reimporting it to a fresh Indesign may solve the problem.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked when I was experiencing the same issue of a link missing with no page number or ability to relink. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! This was making me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a chance that the link is located on the pasteboard. Maybe you could post a screenshot of your links palette.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be a page number associated with the link in the Links panel. (Well unless you've disabled them, but this is unlikely since you see the other links page numbers, right?)

So... This might sound like a dumb suggestion (you'll excuse me if you're an experienced user):

Is there any chance that same missing link comes several times in your document?

And that what you see as "a" missing link is in fact a group?

my-link.jpg

If this guess was too dumb to be true, just like Abambo, I would love to have a look at the Links Panel.

Besides, do you have a Preflight profile applied? And what does Preflight panel returns?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this issue fixed? I've got the same issue here, never had this before! No image connected to the link, no pagenumber connected, if I relink the image, nothing happens, the image doesn't seem to be in the file anymore (also not hidden somewhere). Also can't delete the link as suggested in this thread.

ROSuzan_0-1687642836187.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new docuemnt with same page size and margins.

Move your pages from Your Old Document to Your New Document

See if it resolves it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iW7ZYx7iv0&ab_channel=CreativePro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A previous poster suggested exporting the file to an IDML, then opening that file with InDesign. It worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks both, these options worked quite well, awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines