• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open or download 452.4 MB INDDC document from Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2024 May 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am using Windows 11 and all updates apps, Indesign and Indesign Beta. I had to reinstall my windows but now I cannot use my very important INDDC document which is saved in cloud. I cannot open in with Indesign, it is doing nothing, I cannot download it in web browser, it still freezes - it says "Downloading files (0 of 1)" I left it on all night but nuthing changed. The document is 452.4 MB and I dont know what to do right now, this is very important to me and I really need to acces this document or all my work is lost. Can somebody please help me? 

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reinstall the InDesign Beta?

If you have a critical document you should. never save as beta version, at least you have to save a copy which will be opened in a non-beta version. Betas are not finished developments and can have huge problems and you are using a beta always at your own risc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled all Adobe producs, Creative cloud desktopp app, Indesign and Indesign beta. I understand what you are saying and I am aware of it. But right now it looks like all my Creative cloud syncing is broken I also have problems downloading psd documents, it looks like app is still having errors syncing. It looks like big inddc document is still tryint to sync on background or something like that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the InDesign document so huge? Did you embed the images? This should never be done as it is the main cause of corrupted InDesign files. You should only link placed assets to external files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Will Is correct that embedding a lot of heavy images will balloon up the size.

For cloud documents, there are workarounds. It requries that all users have access to the alternative storage locations for linking: (1) Put images in a CC Library and link to the library; (2) Link to Photoshop cloud documents; (3) Put assets in a particular cloud location that's shared (e.g.. I use Dropbox)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Matej Moravčík

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/eol-cc-synced-files-package-download.html 

Note: Zipped files are available until Mar 2, 2024, after which they will no longer be available for both desktop and mobile. 

But I'm not sure how it really works - never had to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines