• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant Edit anything in InDesign

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry for spaming this comunity but my indesign is not working again. last time (few days ago) shift did not work, then it miraculously fixed itself (nothing helped and someday it just worked again), i checked it yesterady and evething worked but today not and i dont know what to do. Today i cant edit anyting in none of my files only thing i can see is little hand (when i do anything hand is not changing, i can only look to all pages in my file) and mouses black and white arent working, adding object or gragging is as well is not working. I tried resseting but when i press these Cmd, control, shift, option nothing happend and no window appear. I also dont have any aplication that can cause problems with keyboard. 

Thank you for any ideas 

Denisa 

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are deeper ways to reset InDesign. Experiment with it by exploring this lengthy list of ideas:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/reset-indesign-preferences-and-other-troubleshoo...

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which (exact) version of InDesign and OS?

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Denise:

As per Derek, sharing details on your system helps us help you more quickly.

From your posting history, I can you are on an M2 MacBook. However, you have yet to let us know which macOS so:

• If you are on Sonoma, you want to upgrade to 14.4.1, early versions of Sonoma caused InDesign issues.
  • The same is true for early versions of Ventura. If you are still using Ventura, you will want to be on 13.5 or later.

I tried resseting but when i press these Cmd, control, shift, option nothing happend and no window appear.

You also haven't shared your version of InDesign. 19.3 has a new option: InDesign > Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit which is worth a try. It is the same as resetting with the keyboard command on launch, but people struggle with the timing, and if the dialog box didn't appear, it's a timing issue. It takes most of my students 2 to 3 tries to figure out exactly how to time launching InDesign and pressing the keys, so the new command is quite helpful.

Restarting your computer on a regular basis also solves a multitude of silly little issues with any application, not just InDesign.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines