Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant open Idml from InDesign CC2015 in CS5.5

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to open an idml, made by a newer version of InDesign (CC) with InDesign CS5.5. Therefore I installed the Update from http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=31&platform=Windows

Adobe - InDesign : For Windows

sucessfully. Anyway I cant open this File.

I get an Error, that I shall install an update or that the file is already opened

Coul somebody help me, please?

Hallo,

ich will eine idml mit InDesigh CS5.5 öffnen. Diese wurde unter der Version CC2015 erstellt. Leider klappt das nicht. Ich habe schon das Update von Adobe für CS5.5 istalliert. Die Fehlermeldung bleibt aber die gleiche.

Ich soll eine Erweiterung installieren oder das file ist möglicherweise schon geöffnet. Das ist es aber nicht.

Danke für eure Hilfe!

Thank you very much

Greetings

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. May be you have corrupted idml. Place your idml to some dropbox/etc and show link here.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I cant publish this file because of the Data. It can be opended by other people. It ist just me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Are the other people using 5.5? There are a lot of new features added to the idml from 5.5 to CC2015. I would say you are taking a big risk expecting 5.5 to be able to read this idml and render the document properly.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines