• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant select table column values within an order on an exported pdf.

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I am working on a large Indesign file with lots of tables (manually created) and seperated values within cells. Like the one below;

Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 17.59.53.png

When i export to a pdf file, i cant select the values by dragging the mouse vertically in an order. It selects random values like the image below (when i continue to try selecting, the unselected vales keeps flashing;

Aykun_0-1670511704578.png

i want to arrange this values to be copied in an order (vertically for a column), i tried grouping-arrenging/bringing to front etc.

is there a way to do this. Thank you very much best regards.

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lots of tables (manually created) and seperated values within cells. Like the one below;

Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 17.59.53.png

The only right way to do it would be to use actual tables, rather than faking them. With all those separate text frames, there's little hope of controlling their select-ability in PDF. Is there a reason you aren't using tables ... to make your ... tables?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi John and thank you for your reply.

The document is highly interactive. Its about 300 pages and consists of 7000 dynamic values linked to an excel file with data merge.

My client wants to edit the values, adding new items and erasing some in a very limited time with excel file (on a weekly basis) so we created the file this way for quicker editing.

After we completed the work (within 10 weeks) we found this issue :s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines