• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CEPHtmlEngine slows Computer (Mac) and solution.

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe and CC users,

I saw there are already other posts about the "famous" CEPHtmlEngine, I got a new (2 months old) iMac 27 Retina (with the highest config.) and I noticed that when i launch (for the 1st time) any of the Adobe CC programs (it can be InDesign or Photoshop or another) they very very slow. It seems that something is making the CPU working a lot. After a little time spent in the Mac Task Manager i found that CEPHtmlEngine copy itself two to three times and each copy "calls" the CPU at least 20/50 times. I found a momentary solution by manually closing all CEPHtmlEngine. By doing this all programs work fast and well as usual and there are no errors or problems. You have to close the CEPHtmlEngine and not the CEPHtmlEngine Helper: the helper is just the "son" and if you close it the engine will create another one. Last thing: the CEPHtmlEngine will not appear again until you restart the computer.

This worked on my computer so I just wrote this to give Adobe (one more) notification of the problem and to give all Mac Users a solution (it could work on Windows too but I cannot try it) that can be helpful until an upgrade will fix this.

P.S.: I got the CC software and all apps upgraded to latest version.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Hi days_of_speed,

Could you please try out the private build of Design Library (Shared Files - Acrobat.com), which has a potential fix for the CPU usage issue?

1. Move the old Design Library extension to somewhere else (move to your Desktop for example):

• Photoshop: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.app/Contents/Required/CEP/extensions/com.adobe.DesignLibraryPanel.html/
  • Illustrator: /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CC 2015/CEP/extensions/com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular/
  • In

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 120 Replies 120
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That folder doesn't exist.

These are screenshots of PS, IL, ID folders with files of your thread. See the status bar below every image to know which app it's related.

Schermata 2016-02-19 alle 18.28.04.pngSchermata 2016-02-19 alle 18.31.52.pngind.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see why...

Could you extract DL.zip to a subfolder under  ..../CEP/extension/DL/?

The final dir structure should look like this:

.../extensions/

|-DL/

|-CSXS/manifest.xml

|-index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops I made a mistake, now it works like a sharm and fans spins normally.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I'd been noticing high CPU usage from CEPHtmlEngine Helper when using InDesign CC 2015 (latest version, latest version of OS X as well), up to and including it becoming non-responsive (along with InDesign). Only a few minutes into testing this private build, but so far, so good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this solution, huid31332308!  This fixed Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator for me.

However, like Noortje_Noralie, I'm still running into the issue with After Effects, and I cannot find a comparable directory within that application that the "DL" folder could go.  Do you know if there's a way to fix this in AE? 

Thanks again for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rachellek69703628,

For AE, the folder should be:

/Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2015/Adobe After Effects CC 2015.app/Contents/Resources/Libraries/

remove the Libraries folder, then extract DL.zip to /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2015/Adobe After Effects CC 2015.app/Contents/Resources/

The final directory structure should look like:

.../Resources/

|-DL/

|-CSXS/manifest.xml

|-index.html

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EXCELLENT!  Worked like a charm! 

Thanks so much, huid31332308

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 13, 2016 Mar 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to go through the steps in this fix but am not finding it.

The folder tree you're pointing out does not exist in OSX 10.11.4.

There is no /Adobe Photoshop cc2015.app/ that exists, if I'm looking in the applications folder. Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 1.33.50 PM.png

It's just the app, and there are no folders inside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2016 Mar 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click and Show Folder Contents. There are folders within the App.

Matt Kornegay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quitting the CC menubar app almost immediately slowed the fan (within two minutes fan and CPU usage were back to normal).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

Glad to know it worked for you!

Don't worry about  multiple CEPHtmlEngine Helper processes as they are as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2016 Feb 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that worked. thank you...:-D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

huid31332308‌ tnx for your help. But I still have the problem when opening after effects. Is there a way to solve it as well 'cuz after effects does not have the folders you describe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue at Adobe and their engineers are working on a solution. I am assuming this solution will come in form of app updates. The accepted answer does work, but not for dreamweaver and possibly also other adobe apps other than Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for my Dreamweaver application on my Mac. I went to this folder and followed the directions above: /Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2015/configuration/CEP/extensions/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What solution are you referring to? I'm also in need for a Dreamweaver fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stermano, glad this worked for you.  I am on a Windows 10 machine and just installed dreamweaver 2015.1 and have the same problem, but I cannot see the folder structure mentioned n the original solution.  Do you know if the solution works for Windows or what the path is? Many thanks, Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far so good while running AI, PS and Id all at once i have the CEPHtmlEngines running but at low speeds. I will see how it goes throughout the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that first, but I didn't see a result. I might have spoken too soon. It looks like CEPhtmlEngine is still running.

Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 2.05.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like its running normally ...

Mine is still running too but its not consuming 120% as before, more like 6/7% - I think its normal that they're still running

Does it still slow down your mac ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't think they were running when I had the DL folder contents extracted to the root extensions folder, but I guess they were. I went by the screen shots that days_of_speed had posted where everything in the DL folder was extracted in the Extensions root. The don't seem to be eating up the CPU. While I am actually paying for this service, I am really upset that Adobe has fixed this. People shouldn't have to develop hotfixes for paid apps. Instead of Adobe adding another function to a toolbar, they need to concentrate on quality control instead some "bells and whistles" crap.

Seems like this big corps are all about marketing the next item to sucker in a newbie instead of professional who use these apps everyday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just added the DL folder to the extensions root of both AI and PS and my CC Library comes back up in AI but looks like this.

Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 2.22.48 PM.png

You can't read any of the text and CEPHtmlEngine starts right back up. I did the same in PS and CC Libraries are still gone and guess what...CEPHtmlEngine is running again, now with and extra instance. This hotfix doesn't really work, other than taming down the fans. I'm still having them spin up at times, just not as high.

Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 2.30.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for Premiere Pro!!! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2016 Feb 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, CEPHtmlEngine runs in multiple instances while running PS AI and ID together there are 3 and mac retina 2 y old (16G ram,2.8GHz i7,  running 10.11.3 ) breath as crazy..

I am not going to modify something, hope that update will be soon...

when none application is open it stops.

not problem when only CC on background but problem when even one application only open with "empty" file.... without starting processing or drawing...

do you know how often are usually updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2016 Feb 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Adobe has made an update in the latest version of PS. CEPHtmlEngine is still running (3 instances), but the fans aren't going crazy and the CPU isn't being eaten up. I have not seen an update for AI or Id. I've still got the hotfix for AI and have not updated Id or Premiere to 2015. I did go ahead and update Bridge, Au and AE but I have not run them yet.

I use AI everyday and Id occasionally. I hope they get updates soon on these. Hot fixes should be unnecessary when I'm paying for a subscription service. I thought that was the point or was it just to get my money every month.

Matt Kornegay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines