Changing default drop shadow setting indesign CC

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to change the default drop shadow FX setting in InDesign CC 2022 (Mac/OS 12.6)? So that I can apply my modified shadow settings to multiple objects throughout a doc. Every time I apply it to a new object it reverts back to the default settings. 

I tried changing the settings with no document open and with no object selected, but neither one worked. 

Thanks. 

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from using the community >

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kemb , With all documents closed you could make a default Object Style with the desired drop shadow. In that case when you open a new document and draw an object the custom drop shadow would be applied, but it would be applied to all new objects, so you might want to create the style but not set it to be the default object style:

Screen Shot 10.pngScreen Shot 11.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

define the settings you need for fx, save it as object style..

from window>styles> object style

from object style panel, creat nnew object style.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines