• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors changing on PDF export from indesign

Engaged ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attached an image that shows how a teal color I'm using changes color when it's exported in Indesign. The image on the left is what ithe arrows are supposed to look like in Indesign and the one on the right is what happens to the teal arrows when its in PDF form. Any idea on why the color is getting desaturated on export to PDF?

problem.jpg

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

When exporting your pdf make sure that Color Conversion is set for "No Color Conversion" in the Output section of the Export Adobe PDF dialog Window. See screen shot:

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 2.07.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Sorry to revive an old thread. But I just had this problem and figured it out for my situation. If you have the problem again, make sure you the PDF you're opening it with is through Adobe Acrobat and not the built in Windows 10 default program. It looks like that program completely changes the hues in PDF's.

When I opened in Acrobat all the colours for me were correct. I didn't need to re-save or change anything in my document settings or export settings. It was just the poor codec or something

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do NOT post personal details. 

Do NOT invite private conversations.

This is an entirely inappropriate thing for a public forum.

Discussions take place here, in public, to benefit future people with the same problem. I've asked the moderators to delete your email from the post, for your protection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CMYK.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here in 2022. I've tried all the above with no avail. Sometimes I just reset the computer over and over, and eventaully Indesign exports with the correct colors... that's the only solution that's worked for me. It's as if indesign as a random color generator upon export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines