Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converted files

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

this is my first post on the forum. I hope I can solve this strange problem I've been having since working with indesign.

I use a multitude of programs including mechanical design programs and none of them have ever given me any problems like this.

I use the creative cloud suite. Any updates that come out are automatically installed on your computer and so far so good.
The problem occurs when I open an indd file created with the version prior to the update. In that case, opening any document, the writing (converted) appears in brackets in the file name. At that point, imagining that the file must be saved with the new version of the program, I try to overwrite it but an error appears. I have to force with another name, go to the folder, delete the file I wanted to overwrite and save again. Does this happen to you too?

Isn't there an option to upgrade to the new version when opening?

I am attaching a video to show what happens to me.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I'm catching every aspect of the problem, but what happens if you just try "Save" rather than "Save As..."?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Here's an older version of InDesign when opened in InDesign 2023:

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 6.34.09 AM.png

2. Choose File > Save As:

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 6.34.44 AM.png

3. It saves correctly:

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 6.34.57 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not the way it is supposed to work. Try resetting the preferences: Reset InDesign Preferences and Other Troubleshooting 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines