Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting SWF to MP4 or MOV

Participant ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey community,

I need some help.  I am currently trying (but massively failing) to take an InDesign file that is animated and covert it final over to an mp4 or mov file so I can import it into Premiere Pro.   As usual, Adobe has made this relatively impossible to do such an easy task since all swf imports are no longer supported. 

Indesign animated file to the only movie formated export of SWF.  (It would be nice if they could at least give an option for something supported in other Adobe software)  From the SWF to MOV.  What can I do?  Thanks for any help. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

I have meet the similar issue with you before. I finally found a way to convert my SWF file to the format supported by my devices through Free HD Video Converter Factory. I have searched for a long time to find this appropriate program and eventually solved my problem.  I hope my experience can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you cant read the page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As suggested earlier, screen recording is the way to go for this one.

I don't know if it's been mentioned that Flash Player is probably going to be needed to play the SWF for the screen recording.  It installs with Adobe Animate CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have meet the similar issue with you before. I finally found a way to convert my SWF file to the format supported by my devices through Free HD Video Converter Factory. I have searched for a long time to find this appropriate program and eventually solved my problem.  I hope my experience can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the Free HD Video Converter Factory and it doesn't convert SWF files.  They are not listed as a supported file type.  Please tell me how you did it with this software?

https://www.videoconverterfactory.com/free-hd-video-converter/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is three years old and has been answered. This is not an InDesign issue so please find an appropriate forum for your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines