• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conveyor Help!! Duplicating set a set up of pages?

Explorer ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to duplicate a set up of Coneyor Collected pages? ie page 1 items update pages 2 and 3. Copy these pages but have them work independently, so page 4 updates pages 5 and 6? I'm at a loss! Hopefully the image below explains it better - I'm now wondering if the Conveyor route was the best option?

content-collector-query.png

TOPICS
Experiment , How to , Import and export , Scripting , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not the way the Content Collector tool works. 

Duplicating a content collected set of files cannot create new independent set of links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a shame because i have set  them up how i want them to work in speperate documents but when i try and bring then together in one document it breaks? Not sure if it am missing a trick? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Wayne!

If you create your "source" page as a Master Page / Spread - you can then apply it to "child" pages and override and edit contents.

Unless I'm missing something? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert - I did think about master pages - but because the pages are different sizes and I need to move elements around and I thought that the text and images would not propergate from the master page? Or is there a way to move thing about but still keep all the text and images from the master page? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert - I did think about master pages - but because the pages are different sizes and I need to move elements around and I thought that the text and images would not propergate from the master page? Or is there a way to move thing about but still keep all the text and images from the master page? 

By @Wayne!

How much "linked to the source" your elements should be? 

How much different childrens would be? 

Can you show us a REAL example? "Blank" pages are not enough for me, sorry. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Wayne! 

Love the diagram. Do you realize how many back-and-forth posts you avoided trying to explain the actual question? 😊

I recreated the diagram, and recorded a video that illustrates the issue. When you duplicate the spreads, the duplicated child items remain linked to the original parent, not the duplicated parent. I don't see anyway to update the duplicated child items to assign a new parent. I think your best bet would be to duplicate just the new parent and then generate its child items from there. 

I'm not quite following Robert's suggestion but if you are, let us know if that works for you.

~Barb

2024-05-10_11-22-51 (1).gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if Alternate Layouts would work for this. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/alternate-layouts-liquid-layouts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worth a shot, @brianp311 , but I couldn't make that work, either. 

~Barb

2024-05-10_15-52-15 (1).gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines