Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy/paste excel table into InDesign

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I often have to make tables in InDesign, which I copy/paste from the excel file in which the calculations are made. Until recently (I guess after the latest update of InDesign) this worked very well, but now when I copy a table from excel, it pastes all data in the same column. I added two screenshots to make it more clear. The only way around now is copy/paste column per column, which is an absolute waste of time. Anybody who knows how I can solve this problem? Many thanks in advance!Screenshot 1 (excel).pngScreenshot 2 (InDesign).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add that: if you want to keep excel formatting, the best way, imo, is to place the excel.

RvdT_0-1676465806955.png

Turn on: Show import options

RvdT_1-1676465864685.png

and place as a Formatted Table.

RvdT_2-1676465930854.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened the excel in Google Sheets, then I can select and paste directly in Indesign, i hope it can work in your case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines