Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cross-reference with conditional text bug

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

could You help me with following problem, please? I've got book with tons of cross-references, and I thought using conditional text would be good since we are preparing translation to another languages. Unfortunatelly something strange happens all the time. For example, after I change condition of a few sentences (linking to anchored texts in the same chapter), then hide and reveal them, the cross-references unlink. But what is much worse, when I open cross-reference panel and click on update button, the conditional text with broken links stays the same. Only above broken sentences appears right ones however with uncoditional text function set on.

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023
Guide ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've personally no problem with such a conditions using.

Could you post a test-file?

(^/)  The Jedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You! Here's the mentioned test file (unfortunately I was unable to compress it, so I had to send it via wetransfer): https://we.tl/t-ReZyim2fY5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You very much! So, correct me if I'm wrong, my mistake was that I've wanted to connect cross-reference that was marked as conditional text (in this case "Europa Zachodnia"), with anchored text that was marked as unconditional text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I create 4 cross-ref., not just 2 and apply the 2 conditions correctly.

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines