Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 How do you set form font

Contributor ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a diary type form that needs to be in Helvetica

Just tried to set up in CS6 and can't see where to set the font - text boxes default to times

How do you set the font in Indesign's new PDF form creation tool text boxes?

tia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

"I came here to try to find how to set the font in an interactive form field and all I found was this "useless" drivel."

Did you read the posts above?
Did you try out FormMagic by Bookraft Solutions at id-Extras?

http://www.id-extras.com/products/formmagic

The simple answer is:

You cannot do it with InDesign.

You can do it with Acrobat Pro.

And you can automat some things with FormMagic Pro (not an Adobe product).

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now a follow-up on all the problems with FormField objects.
As to my knowledge and testing, these issues should be fixed in:

InDesign CC v9.3.0

InDesign CC-2014.2 v10.2.0

CC Simple Save Back Service (the IDML related problems)

The problems are not fixed in CS6 v8.1.0.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2015 Jul 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm still having trouble from Indesign.

I'm on the latest CC version and did a simple test with one form field centered text. Exported as interactive pdf and the text was aligned left. Not sure why, so any feedback would be appreciated.

N.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not about wanting it all. I'd be happy with just having basic functionality - like being able to specify the font in the box. I don't think I'm alone in this... Seriously, you can set the font size, but you can't select the actual font - not even from a limited/short list?

The problem is that the feature is not 'brand new' anymore and the functionality hasn't been improved upon (not that I'm aware of anyway) since it was introduced in CS6 (or was it CS5?). Like I said before, it seems like we should be on ver 1.5 now, and just want to know when 2.0 will be here.

As far as history goes, we can probably all recall that there was once a time where you couldn't even fill in a form in a PDF - that doesn't make the suck level of what we have any less.

There was also a time when a PDF was a PDF, and there wasn't a difference between "Print" and "Interactive." Now I 'get' to choose between the two. But hey, at least you have the option to turn off spreads when exporting to interactive, so 'yay' to progress on that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are hundreds of features in InDesign which need improvement. My main point is: If you think the feature that is important to you needs to be improved, talking about it here will do nothing. You need to send in a feature request and make a case for why that particular feature should be at the top of the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xcrash, my default example is "Footnote options".

Yes, it offers "basic functionality": totally, entirely, utterly unchanged since CS2, despite being in the list of *requests* for about a decade. How is that for "there was a time ..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In its first iteration of PDF forms, InDesign does perhaps 90% of the work. All of a sudden, we want it all. I'm sure, if we're all a little more patient, it will come. Just send feature requests here so the product manager knows your desire.

Seems like you don't do many forms, Steve. 90% of my clients are state governments or social service organizations, and InDesign does maybe 40% of the work that is needed when making anything more complicated than plain-vanilla forms. That's being generous. However, like you I do believe that our patience will be rewarded, when it comes to expanded forms-creation abilities in future iterations of CC.

(However, if Adobe ever improves footnotes I have promised to eat a hat on Youtube. I have reserved an organic cotton yarmulke for the occasion. It's obvious that InDesign devs think that the repeated pleas for improved footnotes are just hilarious, and have been round-filing all footnote-related requests with cruel, delighted laughter since, what, 2005?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joel, I see I forgot to call for Support More Footnotes Options Rallies 2012, 2013, and 2014. Consider them added. (As well as 2015, 2016, 2017, and so on so I don't have to this so every year.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2015 Sep 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe you have to pay for that feature??

Subscription Options | Adobe Acrobat Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like this has been going on for years.

It's now 2015 and I have come across the issue.

Surely since 2012 this would have been addressed?

In this case, our document is for internal use only so fonts would not be a problem.

Furthermore, Indesign CC doesn't give you the option of using even Arial, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone change the name of this thread to "Two dudes calling each other useless?"

I came here to try to find how to set the font in an interactive form field and all I found was this "useless" drivel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I came here to try to find how to set the font in an interactive form field and all I found was this "useless" drivel."

Did you read the posts above?
Did you try out FormMagic by Bookraft Solutions at id-Extras?

http://www.id-extras.com/products/formmagic

The simple answer is:

You cannot do it with InDesign.

You can do it with Acrobat Pro.

And you can automat some things with FormMagic Pro (not an Adobe product).

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laubender‌

Thanks for the reply. I read much of the thread, but eventually didn't think it was going anywhere. I'll have a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See what you've done, Adobe?

You've turned these fine civilised gentlemen into savages. SAVAGES!!!!

The grime is on YOUR hands!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2016. Any developments on this front?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not likely to change in future versions of InDesign because there is already a solution. I've marked Laubender's answer in post #60 as the correct answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paying $150 for third-party solutions is a pretty bad solution. I'm a bit disappointed that Adobe hasn't made this change. I've created editable PDFs from scratch programatically with .NET and setting the font wasn't too terribly difficult. Steve can you submit a feature request? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I won't submit a feature request because I don't need it. But you can submit it here:

Feature Requests/Bug Reports

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the link. Appreciate the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines